Dr. Woods graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology in 1975 and with his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1978. The Ohio State University College of Dentistry provided a great foundation for his dental practice, but it has been Dr. Woods’ commitment to continuing education, use of state of the art equipment, and his compassion for all his patients have enabled him to provide excellent comprehensive family dental care in a relaxed and friendly office.
A member of the American Dental Association, the Ohio Dental Association, and the Greater Cleveland Dental Society, Dr. Woods also found time to serve on the board of governors of The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Alumni Association from 1992 to 1998 and as president from 1997 to 1998.
Besides being committed to his patients, Dr. Woods has found satisfaction in participating in several community organizations over the years such as Metro West Kiwanis, Youth Challenge, St. Angela Merici Parish, St. Christopher Parish, and Rocky River Chamber of Commerce.
A resident of Lakewood, Westlake, and Rocky River for thirty seven years, Dr. Woods lives in Rocky River with his wife, Susan. Presently, all of his children and grandchildren live close by. As an avid golfer, a licensed private pilot, enthusiastic yoga participant, and proud father and grandfather, free time is kept to a minimum.
· Biological Sciences Honor Society, The Ohio State University, 1973
· Bachelor of Science Microbiology, College of Arts and Sciences, The Ohio State University, 1975
· Doctor of Dental Surgery, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, 1978
· Pankey Institute Center for higher dental learning, 1979
· Intravenous Conscious Sedation Course, Midwest Implant Institute for the Academy of General Dentistry, 1987
· Externship Program for excellence in implantology, Midwest Implant Institute for the Advancement of Dentistry, 1986 – 1990
· Periodontal Surgery Course, Perio Institute, Inc., 1990
· Surgical and Prosthetic Strategies for Dental Implant Placement, Calcitek, 1996
· Implant Prosthodontic Mini-Residency, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, 1998 -1999
· Piecing Together Successful Endodontics, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry and Dentsply- Tulsa Dental, 2005
· Office Based Enteral and I.V. Sedation, Sunbury Seminars, 2010
· Crown Lengthening Concepts & Procedures, Perio Institute, 2012
· Pinhole Surgical Technique, Chao Pinhole Academy, 2015
· Composite Study Club, 1988 - present